The translation and adaptation of scripts for voice over are not only the use of words and phrases appropriate to the region but also a simple and effective way to send messages.
We know the translation and adaptation for voice over is not easy, so in this article, we want to give you a short list of elements that you must take into account when you are doing this task.
Elements of translation and adaptation for voice over
- Simplicity: Concentrate on the central idea. Use simple words and short phrases to find the best expression of the voice over artist.
- Clarity: Removes unnecessary words that may exist within the context.
- Consistency: Allows the central message with logical sequence from the first to the last word.
- Empathy: Remember that the voice over artist is speaking directly to your target spectators, so you should look for a friendly and personal talk.
- Amenity: Look for a dynamic style. Create an environment where a friend speaks with another friend.
- Credibility: Your dialogue should be reliable for the person who listens.
- Originality: The script must be different from the others.
We hope these tips will help you to make a better translation and adaptation of your scripts. In case you need more advice on this task Aqua Sound Studio can support you.
Contact us if you want to know more about our services of translation and adaptation of scripts for voice over.