The voice is the greatest tool of a VO (voice over) Artist, and taking care of this tool involves taking care of the airways, vocal cords and throat, so if you are a Voice Over Artist in this article we will give you some tips.
- Have a diet with sufficient amounts of vitamins and minerals that will keep the correct state of mucous.
- Drink plenty water to ensure the proper moisture in the airways and vocal cords.
- Avoid drinking very cold or very hot liquids which may damage the pharynx and larynx. Try to incorporate the habit of eating foods and drinks at room temperature.
- Avoid spicy foods and alcohol drinks in excess. Both factors may favor reflux from the stomach to the larynx, causing discomfort and vocal affections.
- Reduce your exposure to tobacco smoke or smoke environments from other sources that irritate and produce dryness in the larynx. These can severely damage the vocal cords.
- Use an appropriate tone of voice, without shouting, muttering or frequent throttling.
- Avoid talking when you are suffering from diseases like pharyngitis or laryngitis.
- Avoid extreme environmental temperatures and sudden changes in them. Excessive air conditioning and high heating also affect the larynx.
We hope these tips are useful for all voice over artists who read them.